Last Updated on
Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Job Recruitment & Application Process
Application form for Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduate that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Administration Officer
Duration: 6 Months
Category of Staff: National Staff
- To provide support in logistics and administration responsibilities to a satisfactory level, including procurement, customs clearance, contract, maintenance, support to the training workshop, etc., under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Admin Officer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Logistics and administrative support for regional meetings, training workshops, seminars etc.
- Follow up on Internet and mobile phone services and act as a focal point for mobile phone service providers, internet providers, etc.
- Provide logistical support to regional delegations and National Societies.
- Provide basic IT support like changing toners and ensuring all IT equipment are always functional.
- Preserves Office records.
- Maintains and updates the database for suppliers and service providers.
- Work in close collaboration with Admin staff in supporting correspondence management.
- Timely review of IFRC agreement with Vendors (Suppliers and Service Providers)
- Assist the unit when and where required, specifically during staff absences or illnesses, to ensure continuity of service.
- Organize procurement of supplies, customs clearance and forwarding in accordance with Federation procedures.
- Handling of supplier files, including requests for quotations, comparative bid analysis, placing of purchase orders, and follow-up on the delivery of goods and services.
- Follow up other office services, maintenance and security.
- Management of fleet and vehicle maintenance.
- Follow up on vehicle rental program (VRP) issues with the regional fleet coordinator in the regional logistics unit.
- Follow up import and export of Federation leased vehicles
- Monthly vehicle report using Fleet Wave.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Basic Training Course for delegates or equivalent knowledge
- University degree in Logistics or related field, or equivalent qualification
- Three years’ experience in logistics and administration
- Working knowledge of Federation logistics system, procurement procedures and financial systems
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications
- Federation logistics procedures
- Working in an international organization
- Budget preparation and control
- Procurement and clearances
- Logistics software applications
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Proficient in basic computer software programmes (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing) and accounting applications, PowerPoint, e-mail and the internet
- Valid international driving license for light vehicles (manual gears)
- Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English
Competencies and Values:
- Professional mastery
- Managerial effectiveness
- National Society relations
- Results focus and accountability
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th June, 2019.