Last Updated on
Catholic Relief Services Job Recruitment & Application Process
Application form for Catholic Relief Services Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduate that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Demand Creation Workstream Consultant
2.) Program Manager II
3.) Finance Adhoc Staff
1.Job Title: Demand Creation Workstream Consultant
Terms of Reference
- This Terms of Reference (TOR) provides the description and work to be done during the implementation of long-lasting insecticidal net (LLIN) mass campaign across 6 states in Nigeria.
- Short Term Consultancy for Demand Creation Workstream (4 slots) as a member of the State Support Team (SST) for 2019 Global Fund supported LLIN mass campaign in 6 states – Delta, Yobe, Taraba, Kaduna, Kano and Niger.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years. Through local partners, CRS has implemented programs in 24 of the country’s 36 states, demonstrating the agency’s extensive grassroots network and significant capacity to reach the rural poor. Focusing on agriculture, emergency response and recovery, and health, CRS is helping to strengthen health care systems, Catholic Church partners, other community-based organizations, and government institutions. CRS’s current projects are improving the lives of more than 1.4 million Nigerians.
CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and the principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant. As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2019 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in 6 states. CRS oversees 3 SRs and supports a range of malaria treatment and prevention services at the state level.
Summary and Purpose of the Consultancy
- The State Support Team (SST) structure was established to support states with the planning and
- implementation of the LLIN distribution activities. The SST play a critical function for the initial mass distribution campaigns, a role focused on planning, facilitation, capacity-building, monitoring, data management and reporting during the replacement campaigns. The SST will support a broadened state structure for the replacement campaigns. Each SST is composed of work streams – technical, logistics and demand creation.
- The purpose of this consultancy is to serve as a member of the state support team (SST) and provide state-level technical assistance and oversight on demand creation-related activities for the successful coordination of the 2019 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) replacement mass campaigns. S/he will provide training, accompaniment and technical support to the State Ministries of Health in one or more mass campaign states scheduled for 2019.
Objective of the Consultancy:
- The overall objective of this consultancy is to support CRS in the implementation of the 2019 LLIN mass campaign distribution across 6 states by providing technical assistance and oversight on activities to State Malaria Elimination Programmes.
- Support the adaptation and pre-testing of demand creation materials to align to state context.
- Support state in the development of advocacy plan and drafting of advocacy letters
- Support state in securing dates for advocacy visits and follow ups
- Support state in activity planning and budgeting for post-campaign activities focused on LLIN hanging and use based on existing data and mapping of resources for behaviour change communication (BCC) in the state.
- Support state with development of advocacy and media kits and engagement of media
- Support identification of influencers and stakeholders for involvement in demand creation activities (e.g. state net ambassador).
- Promote advocacy and engagement at all levels (community, ward, LGA, state).
- Monitor airing of pre, during and post campaign radio jingles.
- Participate in state and LGA flag off ceremonies.
- Participate in media chats with journalists
- Provide period demand creation update to the SST lead for inclusion in weekly campaign reports
- Provide inputs in the state LLIN campaign report and debriefing presentation
- Submit adapted demand creation materials within 2days from the end of each micro plan process.
- Prepare detailed trip reports at the end of each trip to the campaign states which should include detailed follow-up steps to be submitted within 5days of return from the State.
- Prepare detailed activity workplan and submit to your workstream advisor upon arrival in the state for microplanning or LLIN campaign.
- Work with all SBCC/DC experts within the campaign
- Review all messages/news developed by media journalist before sharing
- Review all video and photographs developed by documentarist for the exercise before final production and submission
- Submit detailed consultant report upon completion of activity (microplanning or implementation).
Schedule of Deliverables:
- The work will be completed over a period of 16 days for microplanning and 60 days for LLIN campaign implementation per state campaign implementation schedule between June and December 2019.
The consultant should possess the following combination of skills and expertise:
- Minimum of first Degree/HND in Mass Communication, Arts or Social Sciences.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Previous experience in LLIN mass distribution campaigns is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of malaria and its prevention, diagnosis and treatment is required.
- Previous experience working with National and/or State Ministry of Health.
- Experience with a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing significant workloads and multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines is required.
- Training and supervision skills required.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent experience in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to remain flexible and calm under pressure.
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing bottlenecks/issues desired.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with team members and state personnel.
- Experience and understanding of demand creation activities.
- Previous experience in electronic data monitoring systems desired.
Management Arrangements and Follow-up:
- The Global Fund Malaria project unit will provide overall supervision and management of the
- consultancy. Focal contact person on this consultancy shall be the Senior Manager Vector Control.
Key Working Relationships/Organizations:
- Internal: Logistics, Technical and Demand Creation work stream Advisors, Project Officer-Mass Campaign, Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Operations Manager, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for Program Quality and Management Quality.
- External: State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), technical and financial Partners, partner health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA), Global Fund Country Team, Chemonics, relevant Third-party logistics agents.
Time and Level of Effort:
- This activity is expected to take place within a period of not more than 76 days per State Campaign implementation schedule, between March 2019 and December 31, 2019. The deliverables are expected to be timely and reports should be submitted no later than 7 days after the completed state campaigns.
Location of the Consultancy:
- The consultancy will take place in any of the campaign states listed above.
- A daily rate of N15,000 will be paid as consultancy fees. This will be paid upon completion of
- specific deliverables listed above and submission detailed activity report, consultant report and timesheet reviewed by your workstream advisor, then mass campaign officer and duly signed by the Senior Manager Vector Control.
- In addition, and if applicable, you will be entitled to DSA which comprises accommodation and meals (excluding any meal provided for), intracity transportation (when CRS vehicle is not provided) and communication allowance/credit in your device. CRS will be responsible for providing flight and/or road transportation as required for your work.
- Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5%
withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their “Expression of Interest (EOI)” along with a detailed Resume as a single attachment on MS word document to: email@example.com using the job title and job code as the subject.
- Use of incorrect email subject will lead to disqualification
- Only applicants who send in their application in the required format will be considered
- Multiple applications will be disqualified
- “CRS is an equal – opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
2.Job Title: Program Manager II
Job Ref Code: PMS310519
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Band: Nine (9)
Reports To: Director of Early Recovery and Resilience (DERR)
Supervises: Governance Officer, Social Cohesion Officer, Livelihoods Officer, MEAL Officer and SILC Officer
Background, Experience& Requirements
Education and Experience
- Minimum of master’s degree in Agriculture, Health, Development Studies or related field
- At least 8 years of working experience in agriculture, development or food security programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – agriculture, health, livelihoods, nutrition, or governance/peacebuilding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Excellent English language oral and written communication, training and facilitation skills. Fluency in Hausa and/or Kanuri language is an added advantage as well as experience with northern Nigerian context.
- Proven experience in analyzing gender and applying gender-responsive methods to project implementation.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Understanding of KFW (or German Government) grant provisions, policies and guidelines, including reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
- Proven leadership and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
- Travel Required 50%to field locations in Borno and Adamawa
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory:Governance Officer, Social Cohesion Officer, Livelihoods Officer, MEAL Officer and SILC Officer
- Internal: Director of Early Recovery and Resilience, Agriculture and Livelihoods Adviser, Governance Adviser, MEAL Manager, Infrastructure Specialist, Grants Specialist, DCR Emergency Response and Recovery
- External: government ministries departments and agencies, local and international NGOs, coordination platforms and working groups, community leaders
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Program Manager II PMS310519) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3.Job Title: Finance Adhoc Staff
Job Ref Code: FAS310519
Reports To: Finance Manager
- Support Finance team with campaign payments and other related duties for efficient data capturing.
- Liaise with project support staff for submission and updating of payment schedule.
- Provide supportive assistance and supervision to the LGA coordinator on campaign personnel.
- Liaise with LGA coordinators, MT and co finance team for corrections (Before and during training).
- Verification of all personnel & beneficiaries account details (before & during training).
- Ensure 100% completeness of P3D update by the LGA coordinator.
- Verification and matching of vouchers and account details.
- Attend all daily review meetings and document all payment issues for correction within 48 hours.
- Prepared cash disbursement vouchers.
- Collate and send vouchers for posting.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing.
Qualifications and Skills
- First Degree or any equivalent qualification
- 2 years’ experience – Knowledge and experience with CRS finance unit is strongly recommended
- Good excel /spreadsheet skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 13th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application to: email@example.com