Last Updated on
Alliance for International Medical Action Job Recruitment & Application Process
Application from for Alliance for International Medical Action Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduate that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
ALIMA is now using this medium to invite competent and qualified young graduates that are currently unemployed to fill the vacant job position below;
1.) HR Manager
2.) Construction Supervisor – Askira-UBA
3.) HR Desk Manager
1.Job Title: HR Manager
Report to: Human Resources Coordinator
Contract duration: 12 months, renewable
- The HR Manager supervises HR and administrative operations of the Borno Mission Office (420 staff ) and its component projects. Ensures the implementation of ALIMA policies and procedures in human resources management and administration in the projects.
- The Post holder will be Monguno, Askira/Uba, Muna and ITFC in UMTH as well as in any other locations that ALIMA may have field operations in the future.
- Under the supervision of the HR Coordinator ensure technical and Administrative Management of the Mission’s Human Resources and implementation of Alima HR Policies, procedures and internal regulations rules
- Implements the human resources management component of the ALIMA, BORNO MISSION Strategic Plan;
- Ensures that best practice in human resources management is available for and applied to all ALIMA personnel;
- Ensures that personnel contracts are fair and compliant with both ALIMA, and BORNO MISSION national standards;
- Participate in disciplinary procedures to ensure legal compliance and clear documentation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Administration, Business Management, or other related fields and a professional HR qualification.
- A Master’s degree in any of the above is preferable.
- Proven track record in human resources administration and management;
- 4- years professional experience in human resources management with an International NGO (preferably in the Borno State);
- Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in the Nigeria.
Skills and Competencies
- Professional-level competency in English orally and in writing.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Disciplined, rigorous, self-motivated and able to set and meet deadlines and work autonomously
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Proven skills in administration and management of human resource;
- Demonstrated experience in applying human resources management protocols;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counselling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good team work skills;
- Adherence to ALIMA Charter.
- Knowledge of HOMERE is an Asset.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter & CV with colour picture to: email@example.com Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail Or submit Hard copy in ALIMA’s Maiduguri office.
2.Job Title: Construction Supervisor – Askira-UBA
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Logistics Manager
Report to (functional): Logistics Coordinator
Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable.
- Coordinate, implement and supervise, ensuring all technical, financial and scheduling aspects, building and rehabilitation activities in the project, according to ALIMA’s security protocols and under the supervision of the Construction Manager.
- Essential, secondary education; desirable Engineering or construction diploma/education.
- Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs.
- Essential, local language commandment; desirable, mission working language.
- Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter & CV with colour picture to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail Or submit Hard copy in ALIMA’s Maiduguri Office.
3.Job Title: HR Desk Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with regular visits to Dakar and regular field visits.
Main Mission and Responsibilities
- The HR Desk Manager is leading and supporting the development and motivation of teams with the objective to contribute to the success and impact of our projects.
- He/she ensures that all HR work is led in a collaborative manner and in a way that respects ALIMA’s Charters and empowers project teams.
Main activities and Responsibilities
Recruitment and placement:
- You will work with the coordination and desk teams and advice on team composition, identifying international recruitment needs as well as secondment opportunities, following the development of talents and career paths.
- Together with HQ recruitment officers, pool technical advisors and HR Desk Managers, you will identify people to fill positions through internal placement or external recruitment.
- You will also work with the support of our existing tools and processes (pool meetings, tests, interviews, reference checks …) within the given timeframe and with the objective of optimum team composition.
Who ALIMA is looking for
- Quick to learn
- Good at listening
- Creative and open minded
- Interested in medical humanitarian operations and research
- You enjoy supporting others, giving advice and act as a service provider rather than being the boss who decides
- You are capable of making decisions when it is necessary, whether it is easy or not
- You know how to help people around you see the big picture and take it into account when they make decisions
- You love the diversity in your work and are very flexible and agile
- You don’t avoid conflict, and even more, you know how to deal with conflict whether you like it or not
- You think a job well-done means planning, anticipation, organization, and communication
- Worked in the humanitarian field for a few years, meaning in the field
- Moved boxes and helped your colleagues do boring but necessary tasks when they needed help and still are learning every day: you are reading on a regular basis and you like to read about all kinds of field, including HR
- Learned to analyze information, situations, and facts and used your critical mind more than once to find solutions
- You speak fluent French and English, meaning you can also write well in both languages.
- Contract: Open Ended Contract, 3 months probationary period renewable once – maximum 6 months of probationary period.
- Starting Date: July 2019.
Salsry and Benefits
- This is an HQ position and as such is paid according to HQ compensation and benefits policies which are different from expatriate positions since the position and contract are long terms.
- Travel costs between the employee’s country of residence and Abuja, Nigeria, unless recruited locally;
- Five weeks annual leave per year as well as a recovery system for days spent on work travels; + one additional month paid leave after 3 years at HQ
- One round trip per year between Abuja and the employee’s country of origin for the employee and her / his dependents + one individual round trip ;
- One-off relocation allowance at the beginning of the contract in Abuja, according to HR policy;
- School annual enrolment fees for children from 2 to 18, according to the ALIMA HQ policy;
- Medical cover insurance including repatriation insurance for the employee and her/ his dependents, as per the definition of our insurer.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply, please send your CV and your answers to the following questions (which stands for a classical cover letter) on our job page with the reference “Desk Nigeria : HR Desk Manager ” in the subject line:
- Why are you applying for ALIMA in light of ALIMA’s operational approach and CHARTER? https://www.alima-ngo.org/en/our-charter
- If we tell you that you need “a tamed ego and a big heart in order to find solutions together”, what does it mean to you? Please tell us about one personal or professional experience that sustains this idea.
- How are you going to ensure that you build the right support for the Nigeria project/regional teams without doing their jobs?
- When would you be available to start?
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications (CV + answer to questions) will be taken into account.