Last Updated on
ZOA Job Recruitment & Application Process
Application form for ZOA Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduate that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offer RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA want to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA work in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and have approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are seek to employ qualified and motivated candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
- ZOA currently have full team in Borno State; respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the Position
- The Finance & Admin Assistant is responsible for the Finance and Administration systems of ZOA in the Monguno Office, in order to support smooth organisational functioning and effective project implementation.
- Overall advice and support will be given to Project Managers, Monguno.
- The Finance & Admin Assistant reports to the Project Finance Officer – Maiduguri. The position is based in Monguno, Borno State
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaise with HR and record minutes of meeting and circulate same to the staff; including employee contact details.
- Be responsible of receives and deliveries through courier services such as; DHL, FedEx etc.
- Follow up with monthly ZOA subscriptions such as; Internet, DSTV, telephone. Ensure timely payment, renewal and update.
- Maintain cordial relationship with the staff member and treat visitors, guest and program beneficiaries with courtesy.
- Conduct him/her both professionally and personally in such a manner that it will bring credit to ZOA and not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Maintain files; including filling of general ledger, payment vouchers, account payable documentation and other miscellaneous payments.
- Assist in arranging travel logistics for all departments, consultants and training participants; including flight ticket, hotel reservation and airport pickup, meeting and workshops.
- Support finance in printing, photocopy and scanning of documents; including storage and archiving in accordance with the ZOA policy.
- Coordinate office and guest house supplies and needs.
- Liaise with Finance unit Maiduguri and ensure vendors documents are duly signed before making payment.
- Assist with production of presentation materials for the staff and circulation of mails, memos and letters to the right desk and units.
- Liaise with Logistics & Procurement to maintain accurate inventory records and ensure timely supply of office consumables.
- Community members, Vendors & Suppliers, and community-based organizations;
- Relevant government authorities on a district and local level;
- National and international NGOs working in ZOA’s target areas;
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level;
- ZOA office and program staff;
- University degree in relevant field;
- At least one-year practical experience in Finance and Administration;
- Affinity with humanitarian work and International NGO’s;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English;
- Good understanding of Hausa or Kanuri is added advantage
- Excellent computer skills (digital data collection tools, Excel, Word);
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Salary/conditions: ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicate the position applying for in the subject line of the application.