Last Updated on
See the World Trade Organization 2019 Essay Award for Young Economists, CHF 5,000 Prize.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) has issued a call for young economists to submit papers for the 2019 WTO Essay Award. The award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade co-operation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
WTO Essay Award Eligibility.
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade co-operation;
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defense;
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors;
- In addition, to be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
WTO Essay Award Benefits.
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors;
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), which is the largest conference specializing in international trade. The award ceremony will take place in September 2019 in Bern, Switzerland. The winning author will receive funding to attend the meeting.
How to Submit Entries for WTO Essay Award.
All submissions should be sent to [email protected]. Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).