Last Updated on
Mines Advisory Group Job Recruitment & Application Process
Application form for Mines Advisory Group Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduate that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
Mines Advisory Group (MAG) saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development. MAG shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines for our work to ban landmines. Our vision is a safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Programme Manager, Nigeria Response
About the Nigeria Response Programme
- MAG has been responding to the Nigeria crisis since 2015 working to support and protect conflict affected communities from explosive remnants of war, so that people can restore and pursue their livelihoods in a safe and secure environment, free from fear of death or injury.
About the Role
- This role will include grant/contract management, proposal development, donor liaison, business development, people management and capacity building
- The base location for this position will be Nigeria, with regular travel around the West African region as part of the Nigeria response hubs for NGO’s and UN Agencies.
- MAG is recruiting for a Programme Manager to support our Nigeria response programme
- After a period of rapid expansion last year, this is an exciting time to join the MAG team, leading emergency response activities and working with partner organisations in a rapidly changing context
- The Programme Manager will be responsible for providing senior level support to the Country Director (CD) in the effective integration of strategic, programmatic and operational management and the development of new business, in compliance with contractual obligations and MAG’s mission and mandate
- The PM will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all aspects of the project and in addition to pursuing and developing future opportunities for MAG in the region will also be responsible for information management and developing systems within the programme.
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels both internally and externally will be key to this role. This as a great opportunity for an experienced project manager to play a vital part in MAG’s life-saving work.
- Previous experience in the mine action sector is not essential however the successful candidate will have worked overseas in an international development setting and be able to develop solid relationships with donors, government bodies and other NGO’s
- The successful candidate will require experience in developing and supporting projects including implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation and contract compliance and have proven expertise in the development of new business
- This will include demonstrable skills in proposal writing and development, networking/ contract negotiations and experience of producing high quality donor reports and proposals
- In addition to this the post holder will also need to have experience in financial management and a proven ability to improve and develop systems
- MAG staff are rewarded with a range of benefits
- Salary: The starting salary package for this position is £45,004 per annum, (approx. $60,080) including all allowances, and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” from “Candidate Information Pack” below, fill and return the Application Form to: [email protected]using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 23rd June, 2019.
- As part of MAG’s commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
- Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.