Last Updated on
See the Leading Africa Scholarship 2019 for Young People in Africa to attend One Young World Summit in London.
The Leading Africa Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Africa are represented at the One Young World Summit 2019 in London.
Africa is host to the largest population of young people in the world, with over 60% of its population under the age of 25. With 72% of its labour force in “vulnerable” employment and several countries experiencing challenges of governance and violent extremism, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in London.
Leading Africa Scholarship Eligibility.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, The Republic of the
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- eSwatini, Kingdom of
- Gambia, The
- Libya, State of
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Tanzania, United Republic of
Leading Africa Scholarship Benefits.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2019, you will be required to pay the UK visa fee yourself. The UK visa costs £93 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
How to Apply for Leading Africa Scholarship.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Application deadline: Monday 15 April 2019, 5PM BST.
Thanks for reading the Leading Africa Scholarship 2019 for Young People in Africa to attend One Young World Summit in London.