Last Updated on
International Award for Young People Nigeria Job Recruitment & Application Process
Application form for International Award for Young People Nigeria Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduate that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
The International Award for Young People Nigeria is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization which gives all 14-24 year olds the chance to develop skills for life and work. We engage, inspire and empower over 10,000 young people a year across Nigeria and from every possible background. The International Award for Young People Nigeria is the licensed name for The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award (‘The Award’) in Nigeria.
The Award is a game-changer. We know that perseverance and passion for long-term goals is linked to success in education, life and work. Our structured program of volunteering, physical and skills based challenges inspire, guide and support young people to achieve.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Operations Manager, Northern Region
Location: Abuja, FCT
- We are looking for a replacement Operations Manager to join our Northern Regional Office in Abuja.
- The role of the Northern Regional Office is to guide, support and develop partner organizations in delivering the Award; we do not work directly with young people undertaking Award programs. Our partners, referred to as Award Units (AUs) include schools, colleges, universities, youth organizations, religious organizations, secure units and local authorities.
- This is an exciting time to be joining the Northern Regional Office. We currently support over 35 Award units who enable over 3,500 young people each year to start an Award program, 60% of whom achieve an Award. We are looking to recruit a dynamic, proactive, and effective people manager to join our team.
- This replacement role will support the operation and development of the Award across the Northern states in Nigeria. This will include the achievement of key Regional operating targets and delivery of strategy by you and your team through the provision of advice, quality assurance and development support to a portfolio of Award units.
- You will manage a team of three to four Operations Officers with the responsibility for a portfolio of approximately 35 Award units across the FCT. While this role will involve working day to day in the Northern Regional Office in Abuja, regular travel to attend LO meetings, events and training across the FCT and in other states will be required. At times, the role will involve travel across and outside the Region to attend regional and national events and training.
- The post holder will be a passionate advocate for the work of the Award and be driven to realize our ambition to enable any young person across Nigeria who would like to, the opportunity to take part in the Award.
- To assist with the planning, promotion and management of regional events.
- To represent the Regional Office at Award Presentations and to ensure adequate cover is provided by the Operations Officers.
- To support the Head of Operations and other Award team members as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations to develop the Regional operational strategy and ensure its implementation through the operations officers.
- The attainment of key operating targets to grow the Award in the Northern region and extend our reach to new groups of young people.
- To establish, promote and maintain strong working relationships (either directly or via a line managed operations officer) with Award units to ensure the delivery of a high quality Award framework across the region.
- Act as Lead for ‘Quality’ across the Northern Region operations team and on the senior leadership team.
- To keep abreast of Government, Local Authority and other policies and initiatives in order to be able to link these to the operation of the Award in the region.
- To produce and implement through the Operations Officers a strategy for licence reviews to include a timetable and a set process to ensure a consistent approach is taken in all reviews.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations and Head of Admin and Business Support and colleagues throughout the Organization, identify areas for potential growth and undertake a program of promotion and recruitment to prospective new licensed organisations.
- Provide support in identifying new Regional income streams, including the preparation of grant applications and with bids to trusts and foundations for development work.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with a desire to help others achieve their best.
- An enthusiastic willingness to work over-time and on weekends from time to time
- An enthusiastic willingness to assist your colleagues whenever and where ever they may need it
- Computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook
- Desired candidate must be male and presently resides in Abuja
- Candidate should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Management, Finance, Marketing or related fields.
- Master’s Degree can also be an advantage.
- Candidate should have at least (3) years cognate experience working with a youth organization in a similar role.
- Interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Must be able to generate reports, analyze data, create and review processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV with Covering Letter addressed to the “Head of Admin and Business Support” to: email@example.com quoting your name and ‘Operations Manager – Northern Region’ in the subject line.
Application Deadline 16th June, 2019.
- We regret that we are not able to respond to all applications received.
- If you have not received a response within 30 days of sending, please consider your application unsuccessful.