Last Updated on
European Union Job Recruitment & Application Process
Application form for European Union Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduate that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
The European Union (EU) is a major player in the international development community in Nigeria with an active presence in the key sectors of health, nutrition, water and sanitation and improving access to sustainable electricity. Additional cross-cutting activities include the fight against corruption, drugs and organised crime, support to the reform of the justice system, measures to increase the role democratic processes and supporting a greater role for civil society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Project Officer, International Aid/Cooperation
Job NO: e-DEL-HRM 58396; SYSPER2 250680
- The Delegation of the EU to Nigeria is considering the recruitment of a Project Officer, International Aid/Cooperation. The successful candidate will be responsible for specific projects/programmes with primary focus on human rights and civil society sectors.
- The section ‘Democracy, Governance and Migration’ of the European Union Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS is seeking to fill the vacancy of a Project Officer. The section is responsible for identifying, implementing and managing projects and programmes of the European Development Funds, as well as the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights, Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace, Development Cooperation Instrument and European Union Trust Fund programme. Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the responsibilities include the following:
- To provide to the Delegation the technical expertise for to the analysis, conception, preparation, implementation, monitoring and appraisal of the EU programmes in the area of human rights and civil society sectors, Support policy dialogue with relevant ministries, agencies, development partners and other relevant stakeholders in the sector.
Functions and Duties
- Analyse developments in the human rights and civil society sectors, and contribute to the preparation of sector reports for the Delegation and EU HQ.
- Support policy dialogue with relevant ministries, agencies, development partners and other relevant stakeholders in the sector.
Management of EU Projects:
- In the performance of the above-mentioned duties, the International Aid/Cooperation Officer will work closely together with other staff in the Section and within the EU Delegation, particularly with the Finance and Contracts Section.
- Liaise with EU HQ for the dissemination and implementation in Nigeria of global EU initiatives, especially in support of human rights, civil society and other relevant topics.
- Contribute to programming and reviews of the country programme, including identification, formulation and monitoring of programmes/projects in co-ordination with relevant Nigerian authorities, ensuring that EU regulations and procedures are followed.
- Manage the implementation of the EU Delegation’s civil society capacity building programme with particular focus on capacity strengthening, network development, and stakeholder engagement towards achieving Nigeria’s development reform goals.
- Manage the EU Delegation’s human rights grants portfolio.
- Contribute to reporting requirements: Annual Management Plan (AMP); External Assistance Management Report (EAMR); Joint Annual Report (JAR); project, sector and ad-hoc reports.
- Contribute to the visibility of EU development cooperation activities.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Reporting to the Head of Section/Team Leader and the Head of Cooperation, the International Aid/Cooperation Officer is expected to contribute and provide technical expertise to the EU Delegation in all phases of the project management cycle, in particular to ensure proper project appraisal and subsequently monitoring of project implementation, and sector reviews. The International Aid/Cooperation Officer will be assigned specific projects/programmes with primary focus on human rights and civil society.
Communication and Networking:
- The position requires excellent analytical, report writing, networking and communication skills. Furthermore, the ability to work under pressure in a team or individually on specific tasks and to adapt to a multi-cultural environment is required. Candidates are also expected to be able to communicate complex information in a comprehensible manner, be flexible towards new demands and deliver their outputs in a structured way.
- The International Aid/Cooperation Officer will contribute to information exchange, coordination and policy dialogue with EU Member States, national and international development partners, regional, national and local government actors, civil society and the private sector.
- Education and Training: A Master’s degree in International Law, Human Rights, Development Studies, Law or other relevant social sciences qualification. Additional qualifications in civil society engagement and project management will be highly advantageous.
- Experience: At least 10 years continuous relevant experience in grants management, human rights and/or civil society support programmes management, in addition to project cycle management experience in Nigeria. Previous experience in working for an international organisation in the areas listed above will be considered an advantage.
Knowledge IT tools:
- Full computer literacy, covering all relevant MS Office applications.
- Familiarity with the 11th EDF and other EU development cooperation instruments, EU project management cycle and procurement/financial procedures will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of project monitoring methods and techniques, including logical framework.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- French and other Nigerian languages, including Pidgin at working level will be considered advantageous.
The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with relevant salary scale depending on years of relevant professional experience.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications by email to the attention of “Head of Administration” on: email@example.com Applications should consist of a motivation letter of maximum 1 page and curriculum vitae of maximum 2 pages. Reference number has to be indicated on the top of application. No further documents are required at this stage.
Application Deadline 21st June, 2019.
Note: Applications received after the deadline stated above or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.