Last Updated on
British High Commission Job Recruitment & Application Process
Application form for British High Commission Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduate that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Deputy IT Support Officer
Job ref.: 28/19 ABJ
Grade: A2 (L)
Start Date: 1st August 2019
Type of Position: Permanent
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Technology, Information and Digital Transformation
Main Purpose of Job
- The main purpose of this role is to assist the IT support Officers in ensuring the smooth running of IT services across Nigeria British High Commission, and its state offices.
- The jobholder will perform IT Support Officer (ITSO) duties for staff.
- The job holder will be joining a very busy IT section that provides support to not only Abuja but a number of state offices.
- This is a particularly busy period for the section with a number of software and hardware deployments ongoing. The successful applicant will therefore need to demonstrate strong IT skills, balancing and prioritising the workload; have excellent communications skills and very good attention to detail.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Information Management officer (IMO) in completing the Information Asset Register for Post
- Lead and supervise projects within the team
- Manage echo extension licenses (assignment to new users etc)
- Troubleshoot and resolve non-FCO connections and systems (dirty broadband, managed Wi-Fi issues, standalone computers etc.)
- Setting up access and permission to shared folders, SharePoint and distribution lists
- Purchase and setup FCO/DFID Smartphones
- Disposal of old/redundant IT equipment in line with disposal policy.
- Policy adherence: Ensure all laptop/desktop users read and sign the security operating procedures and other usage policies
- Updating of SharePoint sites
- Managing room booking portal and setting up IT equipment for events and meetings
- Delivering capacity building for staff to use IT software and equipment.
- Provide support to IHMG users and respond to requests sent to the IT helpdesk
- Proactively liaise with all sections to identify new arrivals in order to set them up on the system
- Escalation of connectivity issues to ISPs and Telcos
- Build Laptops/desktops
- Ensure video conferencing facilities are in good working order
- Provide support to remote workers (Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Kano)
- Conduct IT asset inventory and carry our stock returns twice a year
- Support and management of Security Bulk SMS systems
- Liaise with procurement team to manage the technical aspects of contracts with MTN and Airtel.
- Monitor stock levels, procurement for the section and proper accounting of spend on portals
- Liaise with team lead for yearly budget planning and forecasting
- Prepare monthly budget forecasts
- Any other ad-hoc duties
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with managing Windows 10 IT network.
- Managing Microsoft Office 2016
- LAN/WAN configuration, Office 365, Internet and Intranet, IP Telephony and IT Helpdesk Support
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- ITIL certification
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary: N 387,452.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
Application Deadline 21st June, 2019.